Thursday, May 3, 2012

{Look What I Found!} - SOLD

I do have to say, this was my greatest find to date.  I was on my way to a friend's house and stopped by a garage sale that I spotted.  (People were moving to FL and had to get rid of stuff!)  A soon as I saw this baby in the driveway I knew it had to be mine.  I bought it, loaded it and discovered after the fact that it was... you'll never guess.  I mean, seriously, You'll die.

 ETHAN ALLEN.

Dovetail joints, all hardwood.  This is an absolutely quality piece of furniture.  Most Ethan Allen buffets are about $2,000, give or take a couple hundred dollars.

Here's my plan:
I'm listing it for sale on craigslist just how it is. If it doesn't sell in the next week or two I will leave the top the way it is and paint the rest in Annie Sloan's Old White with moderate/heavy distressing to show off all of the hardwood detail.  It will have updated hardware as well and a clear Varathane top coat for maximum scratch protection.

Painted or not, it will be gorgeous in any dining room or entry way, or as a TV console.

If you love it and want it a different color, email or text me!

SOLD
As is: $400
Painted with stained top: $450

Dimensions: H 31" W 55" D 19"

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment